Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer School Reflection

("We must all fear evil men, but what we must fear most is the indifference of good men" Father McKinley, Scene 1, Boondock Saints. A vigilante is someone who stands up for the poor and innocent when the government fails to- and someone who upholds the law in a righteous manner by taking it into his or her own hands. The Boondock Saints really showed this by the two McMannus brothers going out and killing all of the mobsters and gang bangers in South Boston.I've always idolized vigilantes because they stand out from a world where indifference is so common, where people just sit and watch while someone gets brutally murdered and don't do so much as call the police. )

This is Eric's first pharagraph for his Icons project for summer school. I think it's an extreamly high quality piece of work because it follows most of the requierments of the Intro that randy said to us, the begining the quote "We must fear evil men, but what we must fear most is the indiference of good men" is very inspiering and gets the reader hooked to the reading.

The aspect that I like most about my own writting is that I wrote about masonry and how my familiy connects to it. I really like it because my familiy keeps quiet about it and does not mention this to anyone. My familiy take the mason issue very seriously and i'm the first one to talk about it in a school or anywhere outside if school.

If I had one more day to work on my Icons Project, i would try to find a better picture because i really think that i could find a better picture representing masonry on my family.

The importance of the icons project was to learn on how to write reflective writing and to apply the writing tips that we learned throughout summer school.


(A group of school children take over a Pacific coral island. Their plane crashed and the boys from 6 to 12 are left alone in an island. Ralph is chosen as leader. He accomplished it by calling the first meeting when he learned to blow on a conch, good at public speaking and good organization between them. He always putting rescue first.......)

This is the first few sentences of Marcos's book review. I think its great because it reflects on the writing and tells you what the story is about, and compares people's views on the story.

The aspect that i like the most about my book review is that i as well reflect on what the story is about and explain the book, spoiling it.(i like spoilers)

If i had one more day to work on my book review, i would get randy or anna to review my book review to see if it's worthy of putting it on goodreads.com

The importantce of book reviews is to prove what you learned about the book and state your views and opinions on of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment