Friday, August 6, 2010

Icons Part 4




I remember when my grandmother would sit down and tell me stories about my Grandfather. He died when I was 2 years old, and it is very hard for me to remember his image. I could only see his image through pictures my grandmother would show me Every time my mom left me with my abuelita to be babysat, she would sit down and tell me history about my grandfather. She would tell me that he is very well known in Tijuana, even now after his death. He always dedicated himself to helping others. She said that he owned a very large piece of land in Tijuana that is now known as La Colonia Castillo. He gave off the land to people that were trying to get back on their feet instead of selling it off and becoming a wealthy man. He had a very important anvision, he wanted to be remember for a very long time, he didn't want to die and his memory to die off along with him, he wanted to be remembered for the good deeds he did through his life and leave his mark in history. I always have felt the same way, I also want to leave my mark in history, so ever since I have memory of my grandfather, I have wanted to live the legacy he set down for me.

Resources: My Grandmother and my mother

- In this new version of my artist's statement, I have made it more about my self and how I feel about my icon instead about a biography about my grandfather, also I have changed the ending to sound less cheesy.

- 1. The ending i changed it from "ever since I have known about my grandfather, I have always tried to follow his footsteps in my life" to "ever since I have memory of my grandfather, I have wanted to live the legacy he set down for me."

2. I added more about myself in the begging because I was told to put more about myself and a little less like a biography. First I only said that i could only see my grandfather's image through pictures and then I put more about how my grandmother would tell me about him (my experience with my grandmother)


- I did not revise my resources because my grandmother and my mother know everything i need to know about my grandfather. Also later when i talk about the Mason Society, my grandmother knows everything i need to know about them and if I need something else, i can use Wikipedia.

- The picture above is a picture of me and my grandmother. I decided not to use the church as planned because The church does not represent ether my grandfather or the Masons, I just wanted to use it because the family has gone to that church since I have memory, but really does not represent anything I'm talking about so I decided to use a picture of my grandmother and I because in the introduction, I mention that my grandmother talks a lot about my grandmother, also she revealed to me that he was part of the Mason society, so I want this picture represents that family is together.


No comments:

Post a Comment