Thursday, July 29, 2010

Icons Part 2

My Primary Icon is my grandfather. I will use him because just like me, he wanted to be remembered by people, he wanted his family name and his name itself to go down to history and to never be forgotten. I also feel that way, I want to be remembered as well, i want my name to go down to history. I want to be more than just an average civilian when i grow up as an adult, just like my grandfather. A related icon to my grandfather is the Mason society because by joining the Mason society, my grandfather was able to go and become more than just a mere civilian, and he had the wish of at least 1 man from the family to become a Mason. After all his sons failed (my uncles) he wanted me to become one but due to his disease, he died without telling me his wish and now one day I hope to fulfill the dream and become part of the Mason society.

Main Ideas for artist statement.

- Prove my connection with my grandfather
- Connect Masonry with my family
- Connect my past ancestors with masonry and how
the connection with masons began.

No comments:

Post a Comment