Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Icons



Icon 1

I have decided to use my grandfather as my primary icon. I have decided this because he always helped people and was always hones. During his life, he had many opportunities that would grant him wealth, but he decided to give it all to his people. Back during the day, he was the owner of the land which is now known as Colonia Castillo. He gave it to people that where ether in search for a home or were homeless. Many people would have not been able to survive through those times if my grandfather would have not helped, and he is very well known around that area.

Icon 2

the second icon i will use is the masons. Recently about a year ago, my mother and grandmother told me that my grandfather was a member of the Mason society. His grandfather was a mason as well and his grandfather led him to become one as well. My grandfather desired that at least 1 man from the family to become one, all his sons failed and he was going to ask me to become one, but sadly he was diagnosed with Alzheimer disease and never got a chance to tell me. He died in the year 1999. The masons are an icon in my life ever since i was told about my grandfather being part of their society because i have always wanted to become more than just a regular human being, i wanted to go down in history have my named remembered, and maybe joining the society might help me do that.

Icon 3

The third icon i will choose is Benito Juarez. According to my grandmother, my great grandfather knew Benito Juarez and both were part of the Mason society. It's thanks to him that my great grandfather was part of the society and thanks to him my grandfather was part of the society, and thanks to him, I now have the dream to become part of the society that if it wasn't for my grandmother revealing the secret, i would have never considered becoming part of the society.

Resources for all three icons

Grandmother (info on grandfather)
grandmother(info on masons)
Wikipedia (info on masons and Benito Juarez)


No comments:

Post a Comment