Thursday, January 7, 2010

Civilization Art Pillar Reflection (HUMANITIES)


Description

For the civilization art pillar, we had to draw an image that would represent the section of the civilization you were researching and learning about. I was learning about Aztec Government and the final image i made is above.

Process

First before i could even get painting, i had to do a rough sketch of the image i was going to paint and get it approved. once my sketch was finished and approved my my humanities teacher MRS. Charlotte, i carefully painted my pillar and finished.

Reflection

I learned that Aztecs used their military to represent the strength of their empire and since the government controls their military i thought that i could draw some sort of military symbol to represent the Aztec government so what i made was sort of like an European symbol of two swords crossed on a shield so then i took the main weapon of the Aztec infantry which is an obsidian weapon called the "Macuahuitl" and crossed them together.

A challenge i encountered was putting the image in the actual pillar because we were given a very limited space and my image was quite big so i had to reduce the image a lot. Also, there was a very low supply of black paint and i wanted to make the background black so i had to find a good color that would go with the image i was drawing.

Something i would do the same is draw the same image if i was ever asked because i really like the image i made. Its not original, but i think its pretty cool. I dont think i would do anything differently.

This will help me later if i need to paint. Every time i pain i get a little bit better so i'm pretty sure if i'm ever to pain again, i will paint better.

No comments:

Post a Comment