Monday, April 19, 2010

School Daze Dialectic Journal


"Not so in tribal societies. In tribal societies, the three year old is free to explore the world around it as far as it likes, which is not far as it will go when it's four, five six, seven or eight. There simply are no walls shutting the child in or out of any age, no doors closed against it. There is no age when it "should" learn a given thing. nor wold anyone ever dream of giving thought to such thing."

part of quote pg 150

I think this part of the quote Ishmael says is very true. This happens in everyday childhood. The older a child gets the more its going to learn about the world around them for example myself, when i was four, my family got our first computer, myself not knowing anything about it, decided to explore the computer and learn how to use it, and the older i got, the more i learned about it. Basically it's the same thing as the quote from My Ishmael but in different terms but i really enjoy how this book actually relates to real world things/situations that you know about or have experienced.

4 comments:

  1. Ooh I like this connection you made about learning your home computer at a young age. I wonder what my kid will learn better than me at an earlier age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you connected the quote with your personal life really showed that your understanding the book, and I agree with how the author is relating things in real world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is good and you explain how a earlier child will learn more than the later child. I really like this Quote and your response it is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liked how u connected it with a real life experience and referenced the text

    ReplyDelete